Every Blogger love to see their post on top of the Search Engine Ranking Page. But, Because of some broken links, they can’t have this opportunity. To rank well in SERP, you need to set up 301 redirections for all broken links. How? I have the answer for all Blogspot users. The answer is simple you have to use custom redirect setting in blogger and set up 301 redirections to redirect a post/page in blogger to keep your traffic flowing in the right direction.
We have two options for redirecting a Post/Page in Blogger. First one is Permanent (301 redirections) and another one is temporary (302 redirections). Which one you have to choose? I will tell you for what purpose these two redirections are used.
301 redirection: This redirection is used for the pages or posts that are deleted or permanently shifted to another new location. If you have made changes in the URL of the posts or pages then you have to use this redirection. As it recommends people to use 301 redirections because it will pass the link juice to the redirected link.
302 redirection: This redirection is used for redirecting posts or pages for temporary. This redirection takes your visitors to new and appropriate location without passing the URL value to the new location. If you have a maintenance page on your blog then, you can use this 302 redirection.
Now, it’s your turn to choose which type of redirection you need to set up. If you have chosen the redirection then we will proceed to the next part.
Redirect a Post/Page in Blogger:
2. Go to setting>>Search Preferences.
3. And, Now find “Errors and redirections”.
4. You will find Custom Redirects under the section of Errors and redirections.
5. Click on the edit button.
6. Now, Add redirection for external URLs pointing to your blog that does not point to existing posts or pages. Make sure you’re adding the old URL in first redirection box and new URL in another box. When you are adding the URLs omit your blog address as it already there.
7. Tick the box in front of permanent if you want to redirect as permanent i.e. 301 redirections and If you want redirection to be temporary and leave it.
8. Now, save the changes you have made and start the redirection of the URLs.
For more information, you can read this https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/41373?hl=en
If you have any question or need help then you can comment below. If you like this post then feel free to share with your friends.