Hello Friends, Today I will tell you some unknown facts about Galaxy and our Universe. You must know that our Galaxy has more than 100 billion stars and 8 planets, Also Our Galaxy has Sun as a star in the center of our solar system.
Did you know, There are 100 billions of Galaxies in our universe and about 30 billions of the Galaxies have Star just same as sun and planet same as earth. It is believed that maybe the possibility of life exists there. And, maybe there are animals like Human then, they are also trying to come in our Galaxy just like we are also trying.
So, First, I will tell you about Galaxy.
What is Galaxy?
A galaxy is a gravitationally bound system of stars, stellar remnants, interstellar gas, dust, and dark matter. The word galaxy is derived from the Greek galaxies, literally "milky", a reference to the Milky Way. It is a huge collection of gas, dust, and billions of stars and their solar systems. A galaxy is held together by the force of attraction between them. Our galaxy, the Milky Way, also has a supermassive black hole in the middle. When you look up at the stars in the night sky, you see other stars in the Milky Way.
What are Planets?
A planet is an astronomical object orbiting a star or stellar remnant that is massive enough to be rounded by its own gravity, is not massive enough to cause thermonuclear fusion, and has cleared its neighboring region of planetesimals. There are 8 Planets in our solar system that are divided into two groups are Giant Planets and Terrestrial Planets. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars comes under terrestrial Planets and Neptune, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus. There are more categories comes under Giant Planets that are Gas giants and ice giants. Jupiter and Saturn are Gas Giants and Neptune and Uranus are ice giants.
The Sun is the largest star in the solar system which emits light its own. It contains more than 99% of the total mass of the Solar System. The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. It is a nearly perfect sphere of hot plasma, with an internal convective motion that generates a magnetic field through a dynamo process. The heart of the solar system is the sun. All planets of our solar system revolve around it. Its diameter is 1,390,000 km and it is far away from earth is 1.496 x 100000000 km. It contains 73% of hydrogen, 25% helium and rest are oxygen, carbon neon, and iron. Sun is the most necessary source of energy for life on earth.
First, you should know various types of Galaxies in our universe: -
Unknown Facts about Galaxy are below: -
1.Immanuel Kant was one of the first people to give a theory that the Milky way Galaxy is not the only galaxy in this universe. Kant said that Milky way galaxy is just like an island in this world.
2. Astronomers believed that there are 100 billion galaxies in this universe.
3.Fourteenth-century poem “The House of Fame” written by Geoffrey Chaucer’s likened the galaxy to a celestial roadway.
4.In 2016, Two scientists discovered that dung beetles are the first animal to use our galaxy for navigation.
5. Ellipsoidal galaxy is receding from our galaxy like a Ball. It can also be flat and thin with arms just same as our galaxy.
6. There is also some galaxy which is categorized Dwarf galaxy. These galaxies have 100 to 1000 stars compared to Milky Way galaxy.
7. Dwarf galaxy clusters are found near or around the larger galaxies.
8. Larger Galaxies gains some stars frequently from Dwarf galaxies via Gravity.
9. There is an enormous black hole lurking in the center of the Milky Way and other Galaxy.
10. Astronomers have found the mass is consistently about 1/1000th the mass of the host galaxy.
11. Two Galaxies near Milky Way galaxy have no black hole or their black hole is too small to be detected.
12. Producing of light by the action of dust in the galaxy to look redder than it really is when really observed visually, which can make it difficult for astronomers studying the properties of stars.
13. Some galaxies drive galactic winds, expelling dust and gas at 100 kilometers per second into the space between galaxies.
14. Exerting pressure on dust gas by starlight causes Galactic winds in the Galaxy.
15. Milky way rotates at speed about 250 km per second and complete one revolution about every 200 million years.
16. Galaxies rotate faster than predicted depending on the gravity of their stars. Astronomers conclude that the extra force of attraction is coming from dark matter, which does not emit light.
17. Galaxies are an empty space. If the stars within galaxies were shrunk, they would be separated by 4,800 kilometers.
18. In about 4 billion years after, the Milky Way will combine with the Andromeda galaxy. The result of the inclusion process — which will take at least 100 million years — will be an ellipsoidal galaxy nicknamed “Milkomeda.”
I told you 18 unknown facts about Galaxy. If you like this post then, Please share it with you friends and on social media.