We have heard many unknown facts about Taj Mahal mainly from the writers and poets. Maybe there will something left unheard or unsaid about Taj Mahal. Writers wrote many stories and Unknown facts about Taj Mahal in their prose.
Even then, Taj Mahal surpasses anything that has been written or said in its praise; Making the travelers to stare at its wonder and beauty. Well, Probably there are also few people who haven’t see Taj Mahal yet. So if they are not willing to see Taj Mahal then I assure you that after reading this post you will definitely visit it.
So before telling you Interesting and Unknown Facts about Taj Mahal. First, you should know Something more about Taj Mahal.
About Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal is one of the seven wonders of the world. Taj Mahal was made for the tribute to Shah Jahan’s wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is situated on the bank of Yamuna river in Agra, India. The construction of Taj Mahal started in 1632 and completed after 22 years later. Around 32 millions of rupees was invested on the construction of Taj Mahal, which in 2015 would be $827 billion approx. The construction of Taj Mahal gives jobs to some 20,000 artisans under the supervision of a council of architect-led by the court architect to the emperor, Ustad Ahmad Lahauri. Every year Taj Mahal attracts visitors about 7 to 8 million.
Shah Jahan proclaimed that anyone could keep the bricks taken from the scaffold, and thus it was dismantled by peasants overnight. A 15-kilometre (9.3 mi) ramp was built to carry marble and materials to the place where the construction of Taj Mahal was going on. The teams of twenty or thirty oxen were made to pull the blocks on specially constructed wagons. A big post-and-beam pulley system was used to fit the marbles into the desired position. Water was drawn from the river by a series of purs and bucket mechanism, into a large storage tank and raised to a large distribution tank. It was passed into three subsidiary tanks, from which it was piped to the complex.
Hope you like these posts also: –
Unknown Facts about Different kinds of spiders.
Some Unknown Facts that you should know about Galaxy.
Some Interesting and Unknown Facts about the Taj Mahal
1. The Taj Mahal was built by 22,000 workers, painters, stonecutters, embroidery artists.
2. 50,000 of visitors visit the Taj Mahal on a single day.
3. Emperor Shah Jahan planned to build another Taj Mahal in black marble across the river but a war with his sons suspended these plans.
4. Many of the precious stones on the mausoleum were cut off from the walls of the mausoleum by the British army during the Indian rebellion of 1857.
5. The Taj Mahal is 561 feet high, which makes it 5 feet taller than the Qutub Minar.
6. The Taj Mahal has an active working mosque on the premises, which is open to prayers every Friday in the afternoon.
7. Shah Jahan proclaimed that anyone could keep the bricks taken from the scaffold, and thus it was dismantled by peasants overnight.
8. The Taj Mahal was defaced by the British army and government officials, who take out precious stones and lapis lazuli from its walls.
9. The actual tombs are at the garden level, which is two levels below the raised platform and is closed to the public.
10. In 1942, the government erected a scaffolding to cover the building in anticipation of air attacks by the Japanese Air Force. During the India-Pakistan wars of 1965 and 1971, scaffolding was again erected planted to mislead bomber pilots.
Hope you like these Interesting and Unknown Facts about the Taj Mahal then Please share it.